Sunday, September 23, 2012

Project #3 C4T #1

C4T #1 Comment 1
I was assigned to Jerrod W. Kruse for my first C4T assignment. His blog is titled, Teaching as a Dynamic Activity. Mr. Kruse is a teacher, writer, editor, and researcher. It wasn’t hard to find a post on Mr. Kruse’s blog, because he posts fairly often. I chose the most recent post, as I was told to do, which was titled,“Technological Momentum.” Mr. Kruse based this post around a book he was reading by David Nye called, “Technology Matters.” This post discussed momentum in technology, and that once something is in place it is hard to change it. Mr. Kruse was trying to make us aware of this so we’re careful about what technologies we allow to develop momentum.

I left comment number one after Mr. Kruse’s post. I started off by introducing myself, and letting him know I was commenting on his blog per a school assignment. I went on to tell him I was a student at University of South Alabama, and that I was going to be summarizing our interactions in my own blog. I then told Mr. Kruse he could view my blog, my class blog, and my twitter and left him links to each. Mr. Kruse’s post was very interesting to me. The first thing I thought of while reading his post was PowerPoints. I told him that we have technology far greater than PowerPoints, but somewhere along the line it became the norm for educators to read straight off of them.
bored watching PowerPoint


C4T #2 Comment 2
For comment number two on Teaching as a Dynamic Activity, I posted on "A Natural Solution.” This post was a more detailed continuation of a post he made earlier the same day. Mr. Kruse was reading a book by Rachel Carson titled, “Silent Spring.” “Silent Spring” is about the harmful affects of fertilizer and pesticides to the Earth. Mr. Kruse compared this book to what standardized testing, overly scripted curriculum, and forced technology are doing to students’ minds.

In my comment back to Mr. Kruse, I told him that I agreed with his premise, but I don't think that technology should be left out of the educational process. I believe that the most advanced technology available should be used. Although, I do agree that standardized testing and overly scripted curriculum are not benefiting students the way they are believed to be. I'm hoping to get a response back from Mr. Kruse, because I'm eager to hear what he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment