Saturday, November 10, 2012

C4K October Summary

C4K #3

dancing penguin
For C4K #3 I was assigned to a student in 4th grade named, Marbei. Marbei is a very creative writer who really does enjoy blogging. In the post that I commented on Marbei wrote a very vivid story about a penguin named Donald. Donald loved to dance, but all of the kids at his school made fun of him because he was a boy. Donald didn't let the other penguins get him down, and he kept dancing. At the end of the story, we find out that the other boy penguins that were making fun of him ended up being dancers too. The moral of Marbei's story was to never give up, and always follow your dreams. I wrote back to Marbei and told him how great him blog post was. I told him how creative of a writer he is, and said to never give up on writing. I also told him how important the moral of his story was, and that it's something everyone needs to remember in their lives.

C4K #4

C4K #4 was from a student named, Sarah, at an all girls school. Her blog was based out of an AP Government and Politics class. Sarah's post was about her struggle with online classes, and her coping with not being face-to-face with a teacher. In the end, she does step out of the box, and become at ease with her online classes. I wrote Sarah back, and told her that I could completely relate with the anxiety she was having. I told her that online classes make you think on your own, because you don't have the capability of waiting on someone else to raise their hand and ask the question. I then told her that I was glad she didn't give up on the class, because in the end once you complete a course you struggled with then it will be so much more rewarding. Sarah actually wrote me back, which I was very pleased about. She graciously thanked me, and told me she agreed that online classes do make her contribute more of her own thoughts. She ended by telling me she was so glad to hear that she wasn't the only one that struggled with it in the beginning.

C4K #5

role model sign
C4K #5 was from a student that attends North Petherton Primary School named, Oscar. Oscar wrote his blog post about role models. This post was a bit difficult for me to respond to, because his whole post consisted of one sentence. In the post, he said that his role model was Mo Farah, and he then asked "who is your role model?" I must admit, I did have to do a google search to find out who Mo Farah is. After a quick google search, I found out that he is a track Olympian. I responded to Oscar by telling him Mo Farrah did a great job at the Olympics, and that having a role model such as as olympian is a great choice. I then told him about my role model, which is my grandfather. I ended my response by telling him to continue blogging, and to keep up the good work!

C4K #6

elephant
C4K #6 was from a student named, Cole. Cole's blog post was about Elephants. In the post, he wrote about different descriptive features of an elephant. The last thing he said about elephants was that some of them live in Africa. The last comment made my response a lot easier. I told him that he was right about some of them living in Africa, and that I was going to Africa Summer 2013 for a month long safari. I also asked Cole if he was a fan of elephants, because he was an Alabama football fan. Even though Cole didn't respond to me, I have a feeling that since he is from Birmingham, he likes elephants because he is an Alabama fan!

C4K #7 Special Edition

From the blog, Vitulli and Santoli: Eyes on Ireland, I commented on the post called, "Strolling Down Merrion Road in Dublin." In this post, Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli had just arrived to Dublin, and were struggling with some jet-lag. Luckily, as soon as they got to their hotel they caught their second wind, and began exploring. The began by exploring around their "neighborhood" where the U.S. Embassy is located. After that, they ate some pureed soup, before heading back out to explore. They then visited the Book of Kels at Trinity College, and then went by the National Gallery. I responded to them by saying that no matter where I travel to, or how jet-lagged I am, I always manage to catch my second wind when we land. I then told them that it looked like they were having such a wonderful time. I also told them about the Safari I'm going on in Africa next summer, and that almost every dinner we will be eating pureed soup that they make for us in the bush. I ended my response by wishing them safe travels, and hope they keep enjoying their incredible trip!

2 comments:

  1. Well done. A reply. Great! Where are you going in Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We're going to Tanzania! Very excited!

    ReplyDelete